Dokkio is the easy way to organize, find and understand all of your online files.
Storing and sharing files in the cloud is awesome, until you have to find them later. Now you've got thousands of disorganized files and folders.
Teams everywhere use a wide variety of cloud file services like Dropbox®, Google Drive®, Box®, Amazon WorkDocs® and others to share billions of files a day. Then it's nearly impossible to find and manage all those files. Dokkio provides a better way to search your content, give it business context, organize it, work on it with others – to make content-focused teamwork more effective. We are a venture-backed company whose key team members have been working on innovative collaboration solutions for nearly a decade, serving millions of customers.
- Discuss customer feedback and suggest product improvements
- Help decide on major new technologies or tools to use
- Design a major new feature, from the user interaction to back-end APIs
- Work with a small core of senior colleagues to set & implement product direction
- Code, code, code -- without a lot of hassle or overhead
- Peer review your colleagues’ code, develop new tests, do what’s needed most/next
- 4 or more years of coding experience in a professional environment
- Mastery of at least one back end language: Node.js, Python, Ruby, etc. (we use Node.js)
- Mastery of data store tools and building schemas (we use PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Extensive experience building and using REST APIs
- Extensive experience with unit & integration testing and continuous integration/deployment
- Ability to evaluate new technologies and make trade offs
- Bonus points for links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow account, technically-oriented blog, and/or published
Why Dokkio:Join us and become part of the founding technology team of a funded company with lots of real-world product delivery experience. You’ll get the chance to help shape the technical architecture and user experience of a brand new product, built from scratch on all the latest frameworks and technologies. We’re an elite, tight-knit team, with all the usual perks (stock options; medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k)), plus a number of unusual ones (company Instacart account to order whatever food and drink you want; work from home every Thursday). Relocation assistance is available for an outstanding candidate.
QA EngineerDo you love high quality software, testing, writing code, and learning new things? Do frustration-free user experiences and an empty bug queue make you smile? If so, Dokkio is looking for you to help test and prevent bugs in our flagship collaboration product.
- Write and maintain automated functional test scripts
- Develop testing plans and execute them against new features and bug fixes
- Work with engineering/marketing/support/management to clarify requirements, come up with a release schedule, and keep everyone informed of progress towards it
- Prioritize and manage open bugs
- Help improve our development/testing process to prevent problems before they start
- Fix the occasional bug
- 1 or more years of professional experience with software testing or software engineering
- Strong familiarity with functional testing tools such as Selenium/WebDriver
- Strong familiarity with functional testing, unit testing, and other types of testing
- Bonus Points: Familiarity with UX, HCI, continuous deployment, version control systems (we use git), and the command line (we use Ubuntu)